Hallo all,
I have had a security issue today, of which I wanted to report to you. It was a little like the thing that happened to Thilo in Fay, but a little different, so I want also to warn everyone.
Today Gwens bag had to arrive with a taxi right in front of main gate at WH, and I had to pick it up, because Gwen has not got an ID-Card yet to get near the main gate, and I also know all Georgian guys who secure the main gate, so it would be the least problems that way.
I asked BW if I could do it alone, or if I need someone armed who goes with me. They told me, that if the taxi gets directly to the main gate as I was told, there are enough Georgian guys there and I do not need any extra measures.
So I went with Gwen to the gate. Gwen was not allowed to accompany me after the first block, because he has not had an ID. So the Georgian guys accompanied me to the main gate. At that moment I have seen that the taxi stands not right in front of me, but 130 m away, because they were afraid of soldiers. I showed the taxi guy to come to the gate, but he was afraid of soldiers, and came only 50 m nearer. In that situation I thought : Ok, it is only about 80 m, you have Georgian soldiers behind you, and you want to get that damned bag. It was a big mistake. Georgian soldiers are not allowed to leave the main gate, so I went to taxi guy alone and asked soldiers to cover me. Everything went good, I paid the driver 20 € in cash (no invoice, but I hope I will get it paid :-)), and at that moment afghan kids have seen that I have money.
About 10-15 of them ran to me smiling andcrying :Money,money, and as I said No money, they have got out of somewhere stones and sticks and started to pull at Gwens beg, hit it with stones and sticks and meanwhile trying to steal something out of my pocket ( I think they did not get anything, but I am not sure). As they did not get anything, they wanted to throw stones at me and hit me with sticks. For somebody it could be funny, but if 10-15 afghan kids want to throw stones at you and hit you with sticks, it is really not funny, especially when the next soldiers are a little bit away and are not allowed to leave their places and you don't really can do anything(no weapon, bag in one hand, my wallet and ID Card in the other). My luck was that Georgian guys I knew, took there rifles up as if they were going to shoot, and the kids saw that and run away.
So as a warning to everyone here in AFG: even if someone tells you to meet at the main gate, never, never go there without armoured guys from Bundeswehr, by no means, because instead of 3 meters it can be 100 meter and then everything can happen. It was my mistake that I did not turn around and went back as I have seen how far the taxi man was, but I shall surely not do it anymore even for thousand important bags in the world. At the moment everything is fine, and I can laugh about it now, but as I was in the situation itself it really was not funny and I shall surely never do things like that anymore.
Regards,
Eugene
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen